A 3PL Public Warehouse can truly help extend your business. Are you growing, but don’t want to tie up capital in expanding your current facility? Do you want to enter a new test market, but don’t want to commit to the purchase or lease of a building? Are there facets of your operation that prevent you from focusing on your core abilities? There are a myriad number of advantages to using a 3PL. Here are some of those:
- Business Growth: Your Business is growing, but you don’t want to invest in brick and motor. A 3PL can allow you to flex your business up and down based on your annual cycle.
- Entering A New Market: You want to expand your business to a new city or area. A 3PL can help you enter into a market without having a physical presence there.
- Operational Focus: There are certain parts of your business you simply don’t want to manage any longer, such as container unloading or order fulfillment. By outsourcing these activities, it allows your Business to focus on your core operational strategies.
- Contract Filling, Packaging, or Kitting Services: Some 3PLs, such as National Commercial Warehouse, can provide kitting services including liquid filling or packaging.
- Additional Supply Chain Contacts: Many 3PL Public Warehouses have connections with trucking companies, freight forwarders, port operators, and raw material suppliers including packaging materials, labeling, and custom crating.
As you can see, there are a number of business advantages in using a 3PL Public Warehouse. If any of these circumstances apply to your operation, it’s time to explore how to flex your business!